We are pleased to announce the placement of Martin “Marty” Taylor with Greenberg Traurig in their Orange County office. He was formerly a partner with Troutman Sanders in their Orange County and San Francisco offices.
Mr. Taylor’s practice focuses on real estate acquisition and development financing. He represents financial institutions in all aspects of finance, with an emphasis on real estate secured financing, including new financings, modifications, out-of-court workouts, restructures, bankruptcies, liquidations, foreclosures, note sales, deed of trust rights and interests, subordination of deeds of trust and OREO sales.
Mr. Taylor has substantial experience with respect to the financing of hotels, resort properties, office buildings, retail centers, industrial parks, master planned communities, condominium projects (both commercial and residential), single family residential developments and mixed-use projects.
Some recent representative matters include:
- Represented a major national bank as agent and lead lender on a syndicated $147 million senior secured construction facility for the construction of 170-key Ritz Carlton hotel and 23 branded whole ownership residences;
- Represented major national bank as agent on a syndicated $55 million non-revolving construction loan facility, with an accordion feature, relating to the construction of a branded resort hotel property;
- Represented major national bank as agent on a syndicated $121 million construction loan for resort area, mixed use project, including residential units and commercial space;
- Represented agent and lender on a $390 million revolving line of credit with sub-facility for issuance of letters of credit for acquisition and development of an in-fill mixed use project, including residential, commercial and retail; and
- Represented agent and lender in connection with a $360 million revolving line of credit for the acquisition and development of a master planned community.
Watanabe Schwartz, the firm providing partner and practice group placement and consulting services to law firms throughout California, has facilitated over 1,400 transactions involving individual partners and groups.